Translate

Saturday, August 16, 2008

WELCOME TO MY TEA ROOM



Welcome To My Tea Room


Well really it is my formal living room area.  It is a large room with a combined living and dining area. I wanted to fill this space with vintage things that I love and to do it in a cost effective way. For my dining room I found a beautiful vintage table and chairs for only $100.00.  I brought it home and striped it and sanded it and painted it white. I reupholstered the chairs using a Rachel Ashwell shabby chic fabric in  blue with pink hydrangeas .  I added a beautiful vintage china cabinet that I also repainted white. Inside I placed my collection of vintage porcelain. To top it all off I added a beautiful inexpensive crystal chandelier. 



In the living area I found a beautiful vintage fireplace mantel for just a few dollars that I made the focal point of the room.  I added lots of vintage furniture that I painted white and a pink slipcover to my sofa. I also added lots of blue fabric with touches of pink and many pink accents to bring it all together. Most of the items in this room are vintage things I picked up for very little money.  I spent my time in thrift shops searching for those special pieces. Many I had to clean and paint and make beautiful again. Over time I decorated my formal areas and I am happy with the outcome. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: