Translate

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

MAKING THE BEST OF A VERY BAD WEEK

Making The Best of A Very Bad Week

Did you notice, I did some spring cleaning here at Tea Cottage Pretties.  I now have a new header and a new background.  I made both of them from images of a 100 year old Limoges vanity tray.  

And now for my post...

First I wanted to share  something wonderful that I found this past week.  I do not like to go to Wal-Mart much.  I find almost every visit there to be a "not so good" visit but occasionally I have a good experience.   Well this past week I found the most glorious lace fabric.  The best part was it was only $1.50 a yard.  Yes, always check the clearance fabric in Wal-Mart, you never know what you will find.  Now I want promise you it will be easy finding an employee to cut the fabric for you but if you persevere you will eventually find someone.   So without further ado, check out this fabric. 

Glorious Fabric



Edge Details...


I so see a skirt and a handbag in my future.  That is if I can BRING myself to cut this beautiful fabric. I bought seven yards of this glorious fabric.  I really just want to wrap myself up in it and drink some vanilla tea.....

I love beautiful things as they somehow make me feel all better.  

Okay so now for my story

It was not the best  week for me.  A few weeks ago my Doctor transferred to another position in another state so I currently do not have a Doctor.  They issued me a PA and that is never a good thing for me.  In ten years,  I have had one good Doctor that knew how to treat me and my illness and now he is gone.  I went to get my weekly B12 shot for pernicious anemia and they did not want to give it to me.  It seems the PA I now have is not comfortable with treating me for fibromyalgia and pernicious anemia.  The bad part was the shot I got the week before did not take because they also have a new immunization nurse and she just can't give me my shot correctly. My shot has to go into my muscle for it to work.  Mary was not only my friend you see but she was my nurse that gave me my shot every week.   So not only did I recently loose my Doctor but my friend and my nurse is gone as well.   

I plan to do whatever I have to do to get help and continue the only treatment plan that has ever worked for me.  The most precious thing was that when I told my husband what happened he immediately started working on the problem.  With his help we are hopeful that we will be able to find a solution to this problem.  The unfortunate thing is I not only have to fight fibromyalgia and pernicious anemia everyday but now I have to fight to get treatment.  Fibromyalgia is a very misunderstood disorder and it can at times, in fact most of the time, be difficult to get medical help.  May 12 is Fibromyalgia Awareness Day and as with all things awareness can make a difference.  

Update:
For many reasons I felt the need to come back to this post with an update.  Several weeks after this post I learned that things were not as they seemed.  Life works that way sometimes. My ordeal as it turns out was not due to my new health care provider.  In fact, my problems had more to do with others that had no business in my business.  I was made to believe that my new provider was the problem and this simply was not the truth.  It is unfortunate not only for me but for my provider that other people felt the need to create such a situation.  It caused me much unnecessary stress and turmoil and I would imagine that my provider was not left unscathed either.   So we are starting over and I do feel confident that things will be just fine. 


In the interest of privacy I try to be very careful with my post to ensure that I do not divulge any information that is private and/or confidential. My focus is on my experiences in life and living with fibromyalgia and of course my lessons learned.  We truly are never to old to learn and as with all things, even the not so good things, we can learn and this situation was no exception.  I learned what I should have already known, things are not always what they seem...
  

Here's to hope for those who suffer with fibromyalgia

May 12 is Fibromyalgia Awareness Day. 




Spread the word, find a cause and a cure.
FIND HOPE....

I managed to get my shot on Friday and it was remarkable how much of a difference it made for me.  After a week of living through a failed shot I learned all to well how important my shot is, as if I did not already know.  So on Saturday I got up and I actually cleaned our downstairs (the upstairs is still suffering) and the girls and I made hats.  Actually we made hats with cat ears.  We love how they turned out.  Here are my babies showing off their hats. 

First is June Bug (that's what we call her) with her hat.  


Next is Tiffany showing off her hat.  The girls decorated them.  




We liked our hats so much that we would like to share a couple of them.  We would like to donate them to sick children with cancer.  If you know of anyone please email and let me know.  I do recommend that they be 6 years old and up because of the decorations on the hats.  You can email us at  teacottagepretties@satx.rr.com

So in a week filled with unsympathetic health care workers, fibromyalgia and pernicious anemia symptoms, I found some beautiful things.  The most beautiful of all of the things in my week was my girl's smiles and songs of "mom is so great, fabulous and awesome".  I pushed through and I even manage to find that place that makes things seem all better and I made the best of a very bad week. 

Me living with and pushing through my days with fibromyalgia and pernicious anemia. 

Take a peek at what is coming up next week here at Tea Cottage Pretties




To better days,
Beverly 
Tea Cottage Pretties


Note: Spell checks do not even recognize the word fibromyalgia. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beverly and Girls!! I have to say, y'all are so awesome! I love the idea of giving some of your creations to kids with cancer! What a lovely way to share your happiness! And I hope that you are able to get a great Doctor Beverly. I know that fibro is hard to even diagnose and even harder to treat because there's just not a proven treatment!! My hubby has it too, and some days are better than others.
    Lots of hugs to you all!!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: