Translate

Sunday, May 19, 2013

LIVING WITH FIBROMYALGIA - THE SPOON THEORY AND PRETTY SUGAR CUBES

The Spoon Theory
by Christine Miserandino

Living With Fibromyalgia, Pernicious Anemia and Hypothyroidism

For the ones I love and that love me back....


I know before I open my eyes each day how many spoons I have and I try very hard not to waste a single one of them.  

I have never been very good at explaining how I feel, not even to myself and certainly not to anyone else.  I am posting this here because of all the things I have ever read this comes the closest to explaining what my life feels like.  What it feels like to be sick. 

 I live on an ENERGY ECONOMY - Energy Needed, Energy Saved and Energy Used.  It is a lot like money only it is energy.  Aside from the Energy Economy I also have to deal with chronic pain that NEVER goes away.  My pain may be to varying degrees but it NEVER EVER goes away.  

I cried when I read this and I think it is important not just for those of us that live with Chronic Disorders but especially for those that love us.  I always save my energy for those I love most.  This cost me in terms of a social life but I have to set my priorities.  Just know that if you are my friend and I share my time with you,  I have given you something very valuable for I have given you at least one of my spoons.  To all those I love and those who love me, thank you for understanding me.......

Please click the link below to read: 
by Christine Miserandino

GOT SPOONS?



My distraction from being sick

I think I love to craft and create pretty things because it is a distraction from my pain and from feeling sick.  So this weekend my beautiful Tiffany and I made some Rose and Leaves Sugar Cubes. 

Pretty Sugar Cubes



This is a very easy to do project and as you can see the results are so sweet...



What You Need
1/2 Sugar
1 Drop of Food Coloring
1 Tablespoon of Water

Mix everything together until well blended.
Place in your molds for approx. 10 hours.
Carefully remove from molds and place on a plate 
right side up to finish drying. 



You now have beautiful Sugar Cubes for
your coffee, tea or dessert decoration. 


My beautiful husband 
who makes everything all better




Tiffany as Daisy in
 The Great Gatsby
School Film
JECA



Beverly
Tea cottage Pretties

As of today I now have a Blog Button!!!



YAY ME!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear, this morning I was unveiled by pain related to fibromyalgia. I found your blog and am reading for almost an hour, it's already 5:40 a.m. Friday 24 and before trying to sleep, I leave my inaccuracies of his block, one for my very warm, because I identify with your situation. I suffer this condition do 7yrs or so and understand your language perfectly!

    Limoges Treasures and performing, such as purse, are gorgeous! It was a pleasure to be here and visually clear my mind here! He's right when he says that the crafts are very helpful in every way! I have a blog, www.elartederosia.blogspot.com invited her to visit me. I realize several things. To distract myself, and I love the craftsmanship! well, you start to feel better is to recover energies tired to sleep! greetings, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: