Translate

Thursday, February 4, 2010

SAVED VINTAGE DROP LEAF TABLE

This is a drop leaf table that I found for a few dollars. It was a terrible mess when I found it. The top laminate was coming off and the finish was all but destroyed. I took it home and worked for a long time on it. I had to get all the laminate off the top and then sand and prime the top. I did this to the rest of the table. Then I painted it a very shabby white. I love blue stripes so I decided to add them to this piece. I painted little Roses and birds.


In the above picture you can see the cabinet doors. There is a door on both sides of the table. You can also see the wood work on the door which is an Art Deco type decoration. This table appears to be from the Art Deco Era.

Here is a picture of the front of the table. You can also see my vintage little chairs that are just the right size for the table. I had actually redone this table with the intent to sell it. Well I never did and it has been in my home now for about 2 years. I just thought it was time for my table to have it's place on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: