Translate

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

ADDING LACE TO A CARDIGAN AND A NEW BUTTON BRACELET

Adding Lace To A Cardigan
And
A New Button Bracelet

I love beautiful feminine things and this week I added some lace to a cardigan and I made a pretty button bracelet. 




Adding Lace To A Cardigan!


I found this really soft and feminine cardigan for only  a few dollars.  Although I really liked it, I thought it could be even better.  So with that in mind I decided to add some lace to it.  This is a super easy project but the end product is just lovely.  I picked out a pretty lace that was already ruffled and I simply stitched in onto the sweater following the edges around the buttons and collar.  I love how it turned out and it is a easy and fun project that almost anyone can do.  


    Teal Blue Beverly Button Bracelet


A few months ago Doni at Faith Grace and Crafts sent me a package filled with beautiful things.  Inside the box I found some beautiful buttons and I was inspired to make a button bracelet with them.  The bracelet turned out beautiful and I always get so many compliments on it when i wear it.   


I wanted to try making another button bracelet so I looked for buttons that I found beautiful and I happened upon these teal blue flower buttons and I then started looking for buttons to mix with them.  I ended up with some beautiful buttons.

Here are some vintage glass buttons.  Notice the blue ones have birds on them, so sweet....


Here is everything I had to choose from for my new bracelet. 


So I went to work making my bracelet.  I used stretchy string, the buttons and some ribbon.  I arranged the buttons on the string until I had them the way I liked them and simply tied it off and added a ribbon.  I love sheer ribbons with jewelry.  


I love how it turned out and I can't wait to wear it...


Once I finished these projects I moved on to decorating for Christmas  I will share what I have been doing in my next post.  Also, coming up I am going to be making a lace Bible cover/tote.  This will be a gift for my mom.  Don't worry she doesn't see my blog, she does not like the interwebs very much.  So be sure to come back and visit. 

Bracelet featured on



And on....

 photo grabbutton2_zps7d635a69.png



I am looking for some sparkly crown ornaments for my Christmas tree.  If you have seen them anywhere or have any suggestions please leave me a comment. 

Warmest Wishes For A Fabulous Start 
To The Holiday Season!


Hugs, Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties



12 comments:

  1. Beverly I love that sweater remake!! It is gorgeous! And the bracelet is another lovely creation...love those buttons!!
    You always seem to have a knack making something plain into something pretty!
    Hope you have a lovely week!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dear Doni, I thought I had responded to you but I see it is not posted here???? Thank you so much for always cheering me on. You have been an inspiration for me when it comes to my blog. I found you early on and we are still kicking it. :) I love how my sweater turned out. Gonna wear it with some jeans and pearls. teehee. Hugs My Friend, Beverly

      Delete
  2. Beverly, I love what you did to the sweater!! So sweet and lovely. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Linda, I was very happy with the results. It was super easy and it made the sweater so much better than before. It is kind of big on me and I wanted to add something to it to make it more fun. I plan on wearing it with jeans. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  3. I love the button bracelet and the lace looks great! Very nice! Thank you for sharing...
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for visiting me. I stopped by your blog and I am following. Your blog is beautiful and there are 2 things I love Christmas and vintage so your blog fits. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  4. The sweater is beautiful Beverly. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned Link Party. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Debi and Charly for stopping by to visit and for commenting. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  5. Featuring you tomorrow! I love your creativity! The skirt you made is also fabulous! Thanks so much for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo Hoo!!!! Thank you Dear Isabelle. I appreciate that so much. See you tomorrow. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  6. You really know how to pretty thing up! The sweater is gorgeous and it will be so pretty with your new bracelet! Thanks for sharing with SYC. Sorry, I'm no help on the crown ornaments. I'll keep my eyes out for some.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Jann. I realized after I made them that they would be perfect together. Now I just need a teal blue tank to wear under the sweater or maybe a dress. :) Thanks for keeping me in mind about the crowns. I was thinking it would be neat to find some kind of like those inexpensive glitter snowflakes. Although 3 D ones would be even more fabulous. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: