Translate

Sunday, December 7, 2014

CHRISTMAS CARDS FOR LITTLE ADDIE

Christmas Cards For Little Addie

Sometimes in life we are touched by something we hear or read and that is what happened to me this past week.  Being chronically ill I do not have the opportunity to do as much as I would like to help others.  So when I can help in some small way I usually jump at the chance.  


I read about a little girl this past week who is dying.  Her doctors do not think she will see another Christmas after this year.  When she was asked what she wanted for Christmas, she told her mom that she wanted cards.  Yes, that's right, Christmas cards.  

As soon as I saw the request I knew I had to send her one from our family and it had to be very special.  Fortunately, here in Korea they have the BEST paper products and I found the most wonderful card.  It is a pop up card that rocks back and forth and everything on it moves and I knew that was the card. 


I wrote a short letter and sent my card to this little girl.  I hope that in some very small way it will make her season just a little brighter.  Her name is Addie and you can send her a Christmas card as well.  

Here is a link to her story...

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/12/05/dying-girl-asks-for-christmas-cards/19942205/

and her FaceBook..

Little Addies FaceBook Page

and here is her address

Addie Fausett
PO Box 162
Fountain Green, UT
84632

Sending you well wish for this holiday season and a Merry Christmas,

Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties

6 comments:

  1. Hi this is so touching that you are sending this girl a Christmas card and I'm sure you will make her very happy. I found your blog again and so happy. I was looking at some of my past Christmas posts and saw that you had left me a comment on one of them. I remembered that you were moving away. I remembered that I love your blog and I am now following you and your blog on GFC! This was a small act of kindness that you did for did this little girl! Take care and I hope your are enjoying the holiday season.
    Julie @ Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julie, thank you ever so kindly for visiting me and for the sweet comments. I so appreciate the follow!! I just learned Addie has a FaceBook page and she is has been blessed with thousands of cards and gifts!!!

      Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  2. Beverly, the card is darling! Addie is going to love it!! I have some sweet vintage cards with a little girl and boy talking on the phone. I think I need to send her one. I will definitely read her story! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jann, hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Thank you so much for visiting me today! Merry Christmas, Beverly

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I just saw that she is from Fountain Green, UT. I have been there. It's about an hour away from me.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: