Translate

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Merry Christmas

Our Christmas Cake From Paris Baguette

This year we are spending Christmas in Korea and if you have ever wondered if they celebrate Christmas here I can assure that they do celebrate Christmas.  The shops are filled with all things Christmas from tinsel to cakes and everything in between.  

Our Gift Bags

Tiffany and I started out our day before Christmas Eve Day by hanging gift bags on our neighbor's doors filled with lots of Christmas goodies.  We then visited our friend Jo and delivered a gift bag to her.  Jo is just the nicest person and she is such a joy to be around.  Jo gave us a big bag full of tangerines, one of my favorite fruits. Thank you Jo and Merry Christmas!!!

Tiffany and Jo

We wanted to head on over to the market.  The village near us (lovingly called The Ville) has a market on days of the month with a three or eight in them.  We had our heart set on Christmas fruits and veggies and we were not disappointed.  


Korea is home to the best strawberries in the world.  The strawberries are unlike any I have ever had the pleasure of tasting.  

I wanted to share some photos of the market with you...

These photos were taken quickly as I walked through the market.  

Veggies

Seaweed


Fish

Fish

More Fish

Beans and Fruit 

Candy and Stuff

Little Cakes and Cookies
Some items are made from rice.


Tiffany and I had so much fun at the market talking to everyone and trying different things.  We ended up with three packages of strawberries, pomegranates, bell peppers and hot peppers. We didn't get any of the fish but it was neat to look at all the different types of fish. 

Then we headed to our favorite place Paris Baguette.  I wanted some cream bread and I had been trying to make there for a few days, finally today we got to go!!!

Cake Box

Supplies that came with the cake including a candle (I asked for one), matches to light the candle and the knife.  

Christmas Cake

I fell in love with this cake.  I love the little wreath and the Santa is so adorable.  I am not sure but I think everything is eatable accept the wreath.  Oh and you know I am keeping that wreath. 

Cream Bread and Mocha Cream Bread
The one with the powder sugar is the mocha cream bread. 

As I am writing this blog post I am preparing our turkey for our feast tomorrow.  This year we are cooking on Christmas Eve and going out to dinner on Christmas Day. 

I wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! 

With the warmest of wishes for a wonderful and very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time out with your friends. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas in Korea.
    Hugs, Julie @ Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: