Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Tea Bar Makeover

Tea Bar Makeover


I found this great furniture piece to use as our tea bar.  It was painted a creamy color and I knew I could put my stamp on this piece and make it mine.


I replaced the knobs right away with glass knobs.  It originally had wood knobs that matched the creamy paint color.  


The first task was to lightly sand the entire piece.  I then painted it a pretty French blue using chalk paint.  








This piece sits in our morning room and it is part of our large kitchen. Although I loved it a creamy white we needed this piece to have some color because our kitchen cabinets are a creamy white.



   I wanted to add some embellishments to the piece to make it extra special.  I started with an Iron Orchid Designs mould.  

Check them out here



I used paper clay to make my embellishments.  


I let them dry overnight and pulled them out and painted them blue.  




Then I used wood glue to attach them to my doors. 





Here are the final details. 







I love how it turned out and it matches my writing table that also sits in our open concept living, kitchen and morning room.  


I painted the same blue and added a white stenciled crown on top. 


And it matches our new IKEA metal cabinet. 



Everything matches and ties the rooms together.


We are working on a couple other projects in these areas.  We are doing an IKEA Billy bookcase hack in the family area and we have plans to do shiplap on our island and paint it the same blue.  Stay tuned for more to come. 

Happy Decorating,

Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: