Translate

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

French Laundry Sink Top

French Laundry Sink Top



A few weeks ago I shared my laundry room sink project.  We have this very unattractive sink in our laundry room.  I knew I had to do something to make it beautiful. 
So using some leftover fabric from my laundry room basket project I made a really pretty skirt.  I added two pleats at the corners and trim and a bow around the top.  


I used Velcro to attach it to the sink.  It can easily be removed so that I can wash the skirt. 



I love how it turned out and my Shabby Chic laundry room is coming along beautifully.  The fabric is Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic fabric from a duvet cover that I had. 

We don't use the sink very often and I felt it would be more useful if it had a top on it.  So off to Home Depot I went to get a board.  I even had them cut it for me to my measurements. 


I used caulk paint to paint the board white and blue for the lettering.  I waxed the entire board once everything was dry.  This gives it a protective coating.  




Then I decided that I needed handles on it to make it easy to lift off and remove.  


I painted the handles blue and added them to the top and now my laundry room sink is complete. 

This was a fun project. 

Till next time, 

Beverly
Tea Cottage Pretties




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: