Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Coffee Table Makeover

Coffee Table Makeover

Prima Transfer Design



I have one of those Target Shabby Chic coffee tables.  It was originally a sort of off white and over time it yellowed and look dingy.  So, I decided it was time for a makeover.  I decided to paint it white using chalk paint and add a pretty transfer. 


Prima Design 


Before painting it, I sanded it very well.


I gave it two coats of paint and sanded between each coat. 

Here you can see all the detail work on the table.  



 I picked a Prima transfer for my table.  This one was a set of three that could be used all together or in sections.


I had to wait and let the new finish on my table dry for about 5 days to make sure that the transfer wouldn't fail. So, I waited.....

Finally, I was able to transfer the image on to my table and it turned out so pretty.



Then I gave it a nice wax coating to protect the table and the transfer and to give it a nice finish. 


Our Bella kept me company while I was taking photos. 




If you are considering making over a piece of furniture this is a great option.  There is a learning curve and I made a few mistakes along the way.  In the end, I managed to get it all to work out and it looks fabulous.  I am very pleased with this project. 




Beverly, 

Tea Cottage Pretties






2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty coffee table. Wow! I love it. Nice work Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. I am quite happy with how it turned out. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: