Translate

Monday, December 23, 2013

MY FABRIC PRINCE AND GIFT ANGEL WINGS

My Fabric Prince 
And
Gift Angel Wings



This past weeks was quite a busy week, finishing up Christmas shopping, visiting with family and friends,  cleaning and planning for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.    The highlight was my good friend Mary came to visit from Korea.  I wanted to make something special for her so I decided on a personalized ornament - an Angel Wings ornament.  My friend is Mary and she helped me get through the year that Eric was deployed.  So I wanted to give her something that was symbolic of how much that meant to me.  I also wanted to make a few special gifts for some of the special people in my life so I ended up making a few pairs of wings.  I wanted to share them with my blog friends and I will even share the graphic if you would like to make them yourself. 

Here is the graphic, it is free for you to use so just click on it and then save it to your computer.  





To make the graphic I used a vintage card and my own hand drawn wings.  The card was actually used twice once for each side.  I just flipped them.  I had to tweak it some after I made my wings so it is better now. Just print on fabric and you can use it for your crafts. 

Update

A few folks have asked me about printer fabric.  Here is what I used for these projects.  Just print on to the fabric and then iron on and/or sew on to your project. 


After I made them for others I made a set for me and Eric. 

Our ornament...



Instructions

I printed four sets of wings per page.  You can use either image above, the single set or the four to a page set.  Be sure to line everything up and set your printer setting so that it prints a full page.  This will make them just the right size for ornaments.  Add your test or personalization and then print them out on printer fabric. 

You can add any text you would like to them to personalize them.  You could even add a nice quote, dates, etc.  I like this quote:


"Every Time a Bell Rings an Angel Gets His Wings" 

From
It's A Wonderful Life

Cut some batting and fabric for backing.  I used a muslin fabric.  Layer them with print on top, then batting and last the fabric for the backing.  I left the backing fabric in a big square and trimmed it after I sewed it.  Then zigzag all the way around the wings.  Don't worry about the edges, you will cover them with lace or trim.  

Trim the wings around the edges (cutting the backing) and then add any trim or decorations you would like and a tiny bell.  Add a ribbon on the back for hanging.  Then you are finished and what a sweet gift. 

Here are Mary's Angel Wings.

Mary's ornament...



My Fabric Prince

You may remember awhile back I made some Fabric Us Dolls.  Here is the link to my dolls.  

Fabric Us Dolls



You can also find the instructions to make your very own fabric dolls on this post. 

I needed my Eric to pose for me so that I could make a Fabric Doll out of him as well.  I needed my Prince.  This past weekend Eric had a function to attend and it required that he wear his dress blues.  So I found the perfect opportunity to take his photo and make My Fabric Prince Doll.  

And here he is...



On the back I pinned Eric's Bronze Star awarded for his work while deployed. 



Here we all are together. 


(I will try to add better photos later, these did not come out very well) 

Now I wanted to share my Christmas  present from Eric because it is so lovely.  I wanted this handbag from ModCloth and I am so glad I got it.  It is a beautiful pinkish red vegan patent leather.  The clasp is lovely roses with a sparkly stone in each one.  It even came with a pretty scarf to tie on to it.  It is roomy with many pockets inside for all your trinkets and treasures.  It is a very well constructed and detailed handbag. 

 I just love my new handbag.

It is made by Collectif of London.

 (I am not being compensated in any way for showing you my handbag, just wanted to show it off). 





Well I am off to enjoy the Christmas Holiday with my family.  I want to wish everyone a beautiful, blessed and very Merry Christmas. 

Merry Christmas,

Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties

A special thank you and welcome to all my new followers. 


6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post Beverly! You did such a cute job on those wings! Your friend Mary will always love them I know. And Eric's doll pic is wonderful. It takes a real man to let his wife make a doll out of him! That purse is just so perfect for you, and just in time for the holidays.
    LoTs of hugs to you! Hope yall have a wonderful week!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Doni and thank you. I love my Eric doll and he was so nice to let me do that. He had asked me back when I made the us dolls where was the Eric doll, so I had planned on making one when he got home. He thinks I am cute... Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  2. Hi, Beverly, Just wanted you to know I pinned your angel wings! I do want to make them - hmmm.. wonder if Valentine's would be okay? We'll see. Thanks for being so creative and for making such pretty things. Linda Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea. Now I must make some for Valentine's Day. Thank you for pinning. Hug, Beverly.

      Delete
  3. Hi I love your angel wings that you made, so pretty. I saw it at the crafts a la mode party.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julie and thank you so much for visiting. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: