Translate

Saturday, February 21, 2015

JEWELRY INVENTORY ANKLET

My Jewelry Inventory 

Part 2

My Anklet 

My Memories


I started making a photo inventory of all my jewelry so that I would have  record of everything that I own.  I wanted to do this for two reason, the first being that I have a terrible memory and also because I needed a record for insurance purposes.  I am a very visual person and I thought this would be the best way for me to keep track of my jewelry.  

I only have one anklet and I of course did not want to leave this out of my photo inventory.   The anklet is special to me and there is a story behind it.   We had moved from South Carolina to Puerto Rico, I went not knowing anyone and very afraid of going to another country,  although technically Puerto Rico is not another country it is definitely NOT the US.  

While there I had a neighbor named Maryanna and we became really close.   Matter of fact, she made our time in Puerto Rico so much better.   We did everything together from spending time outside with the kids to going to dinner, shopping, going to the beach and more.  

One day we were out and we found these lovely ankle bracelets and we both bought one.   I still have mine to this day and this was 12 years ago.   I lost track of Maryanna but I still search for her from time to time and I hope to one day reconnect with her.   I still miss her and I have always missed her.  Still I have my anklet and every time I see it reminds me of her.  

So for today I have no fancy photos to share, I only have a story and my memories.  Some things in life just hold a special place in our hearts. 

Here's to friendship!!!

Hugs, Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties



6 comments:

  1. That is so deeply true. I have a teeny wallet sized photo of my high school best friend, who sadly I lost contact with many years ago and have never been able to find online (it's often so much harder with us gals as we're apt to change our last names when we get married and then if we don't go by both online, but only our married name, our single selves are tricky to find - not that I know one way or another if my friend tied the knot, I don't, I just mean in general) that is the only photo or item (save for one letter back from when we were 16) that I have of/from her. I have, no word of a lie, kept it in my wallet since the day she gave it to me back in high school and it has become a good luck charm of sorts for me. I realize that's a bit of a risky place to keep it, as wallets are all too easily lost or stolen, but it's been there in every wallet I've owned since high school and I can't imagine not having it tucked away out of sight, but always with me, when I'm on the go.

    Tons of gentle hugs & happy end of February wishes coming your way,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Jessica, we do long for our friends of old, don;t we??? There are many friends I miss so very badly some because I lost track of them and some because we no longer see eye to eye. Either way it leaves a little stain on our hearts doesn't it? You are so sweet and kind and I hope one day you will find your friend and that I find mine as well. Here's to those we have lost along the way but certainly have never forgotten. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  2. Hello dear Beverly.
    It's been ages ago. I've been on a cruise on your blog this evening. I loved to read all your posts about all of your adventures in Korea. The market, the strawberries, the fabric place and all the sewing you did. And the great tutorials. Your cute little dog with the wonderful collar.
    I enjoyed seeing your growing collections......and indeed how will you be able to ship it all ?? :)) Thank you so much for sharing it. Hope you are doing well......I know how it is with Fibomyalgia. Just have to make the best of it. I think you are a very brave Lady, Beverly.
    Warm Hugs to you and Blessings,
    Wilma. Shabby Royale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLO WILMA!!!!!!!! So happy to hear form you. Hope you are doing well. I am thinking I might have to start sorting through my things again so that we will make weight on our way back home.... We are loving Korea and it is an adventure everyday, some good, some great and some well....

      Thank you so much for visiting me and I so hope you enjoyed your visit. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  3. Most definitely, friends are special, especially for us women. We are usually so engrossed in our husbands and children, or jobs and keeping house, or all of the above! And when there is a friend who can share wisdom, or listen, and just accept us, it makes our lives so much fuller! I too am blessed with dear delightful friends who make each day beautiful.
    Hugs to you dear friend!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it true Doni. Friends make the world a much better place. I love sharing and talking and laughing with my friends and I am blessed as well to have them in my life, including you my friend. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: