Translate

Monday, February 9, 2015

MY CARDIGAN UPCYCLE

My cardigan Upcycle!!!

Some time ago I added some pretty lace to an otherwise plain cardigan.

Click the photo to see my original post.



I saw a beautiful cardigan here in Korea that had the cutest embellishments and I was inspired.  Having found some lovely fabric at Happy Quilt and some really cute patches in the Fabric District in Seoul, I went to work laying out a design on my cardigan.

My patches...




The first thing I did was make a heart with a B (for Beverly) embroidered on it.  I used my awesome new sewing/embroidery machine that my Eric bought for me. 


I stitched the heart on to my cardigan.


Then I added pockets.


I pulled out my collection of vintage buttons and I found two lovely blue glass buttons with birds on them. I added one to each pocket to make a bow.


Then I started adding some of my cute sew-ons.


One pocket


Two pockets


And here is the finished project.




Then you just know I had to make a handbag to go with my cardigan.


It is reversible




Some of my jewelry just happened to by close by so I snapped a photo. The brooch is my newest old piece of jewelry. I will feature my brooches here on m blog one day. 


And here I am with my cardigan and my handbag!!!


Although it is still winter here in Korea, I can feel Spring calling out to me. 

Hugs, 
Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties


12 comments:

  1. Hi Beverly, wow the cardigan you fixed up and the handbag you made are just pretty! I love the soft blue color of the fabric you chose! Have a lovely day and week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, I had so much fun putting it together. I am in the process of making a circle skirt out of the same fabric. I think it is so perfectly shabby chic and great for spring. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  2. I love how you give everything your personality Beverly. Both the cardigan and purse are so cute!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jann. I had fun putting them together. My next project will be a matching skirt. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  3. What a pretty and creative way to embellish an otherwise plain cardigan. Such a cute purse too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy and thank you so much for visiting my blog!!!! Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!! Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  4. Your outfit looks like Spring! Such cute embellishments.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I must be feeling like Spring. Here in Korea that is the same thing others said to me when I was out running errands. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  5. Oh Beverly! You did an amazing job on both of your projects. That new machine is just so perfect for you, I know you will love using it more and more. And the cardigan especially is adorable! You look very cute in that pink outfit. It makes me want a cardigan again!! Hmmmmm, I must just go shopping!
    Lovely job!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doni, I am so loving my new machine and I know you are well. Us girls with our new toys!!!! Hugs, Beverly

      Delete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: