Translate

Monday, June 4, 2012

PRETTY VINTAGE PORCELAIN AND MEMORIES OF YESTERDAY


Pretty Vintage Porcelain
and
 Memories of Yesterday


Every now and then I find a piece of porcelain that is so pretty and priced so well that I just can't pass it up.  This platter was found in one of my favorite little spots in the world - Homestead Handcrafts in San Antonio, Texas.  It is a piece of beautiful pottery that has a lovely light pink background and sweet little flowers in shades of pink.   It is trimmed in gold and in very good condition.  What is neat about this piece is that it apparently was a piece from a Grocer.  When I turned it over to take a look at the back I found it was stamped:

Frank Ranalli & Son
5101 Kershaw Street
TR7-7415
Meats, Groceries & Produce

I do not know anything about this piece except that I adore it.  I thought at one time I would resale it but I have never been able to part with it.  It is beautiful and somehow it just speaks to me.  It speaks of a time when I remember the Grocer would offer porcelain and/or china pieces at a very low price.  Each week you could add a little something to your collection until you had a full set of china.  This was the only pretty china we ever had when I was a child.  I don't think my Mother ever managed to collect an entire set but I loved the pieces she had just the same.  I think this particular piece is an earlier piece than even those that I remember but it still brings back those nostalgic feelings and longings for a simpler and more pleasant life.

Today we have places like Wal-Mart and everyone flocks there, it all seems to rushed and almost rude.  I miss the little grocer I would visit with my Mother and my Grandmother.  I miss the beautiful smiles and happy greetings and well wishes as we went through our day.  I see people today and how they behave and I think of those yesterdays.  Maybe times does make our memories sweeter but still it just seemed more pleasant and happy.  I miss those days......

My Pretty Piece of Yesterday
Maybe that is why I have not been able to let this piece go....




I miss my beautiful Grandmother for I loved her very much.  
Thank you for the memories Grandma and the biscuits.
 Here she is with my Grandfather back in the mid fifties. 
My Angel, then and now and always.....

Elbert and Willow Batton


On a different note,  I added a background to my blog. I made this background using an actual piece of my Limoges porcelain. I know this is probably no big deal to most but to me it is a milestone.  I finally got a background and I made it all by myself! 

 Below is the Limoges Tray I made the image from:


And I saved the BEST for last!
Drum Roll
I now have 16 Followers and I wanted to thank each and everyone one of you.
You made my week!!!
 make that 17!

18 and now 19 and 20 and still counting!!!

Thank you everyone so very kindly for spending time with me here at Tea Cottage Pretties. 
I appreciate each and every one of you and
thank you for adding me. 

Hugs, Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh did you ever save the best for last or what?! Gorgeous piece of art! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: