Translate

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

A Rug for Tea Cottage Pretties

A Rug for Tea Cottage Pretties

Hand-painted by Beverly


I decided I wanted some rugs to go on our Spring porch.  Looking everywhere for something to match my aesthetic proved to be a difficult task.  While brainstorming with my daughter we thought why not paint one?  Better yet paint one that is personal to us.  So, here is my newly painted rug for Tea Cottage Pretties.

I only found one this size so far and I hope to find another.  I did try it on both sides of our porch. Our porch is approximately 30 feet long.  When we bought the home I thought this was awesome and it is but it is difficult to decorate a 30-foot long porch.  


I started with a rug and used a set of stencils by Waverly 





I also used a crown stencil by Artminds. 


I used regular acrylic paint and stencil brushes by Martha Stewart.  They are my favorites!


Once everything dried I took some time to heat set the paint.  I simply used an iron and cheesecloth to protect the fabric and my iron. 

I love how it turned out.  

Now I must find another for the other side of my porch but even if I don't I love this rug just the same. 

See you next time, 

Beverly 
Tea Cottage Pretties

Follow me on Instagram





2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial!! Your rug turned out lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. It was a really fun project.

      Delete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: