Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Holiday Decor Part 2 - A Stocking Post

Holiday Decor
Part 2

A Stocking Post


I have seen these beautiful stocking post on the internet and I decided that I would love to have one, so my sweet husband went to work. He made this using a 4X4, a post cap, and knob.  The base is made from 3 layers of wood that have been routered.  He added a baseboard that he also routered and then I went to work painting it.  I decided on white because it matches my family room decor and because I want to use the post year round for other things such as wreaths, flowers, etc.  




He added 4 hooks and then it was my turn to decorate it. 


Then I added some ribbon. 

Nest some stockings and a bow around the top. 

I love how it turned out and I am looking forward to using it in other ways around the house throughout the year. 




A very special thank you to my wonderful husband for making this for me. 

Update

And then we added fairy lights!







I will feature our family room decor again soon in a post while I share our holiday decor. 

Happy Decorating, 
Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties




3 comments:

  1. Very cute Beverly! I use to have a stocking post years ago before I had a mantle. I can't remember what I did with it. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Love the blue and white!! I also love the stocking holder!! What a pretty picture of you!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello hope you are doing well!!!! I have a blue and white theme in our Family Room and pink theme in my tea room and formal dinning. I told my hubby I wanted a stocking post and he had it made in two days! We left it plain white and decorated it for Christmas, that way I can use it for other things during the year. Thank you for the compliment. I am afraid that I am getting older but I still let my daughter snap a photo from time to time. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: