Translate

Friday, April 12, 2013

RESTING, NO MAKE THAT NESTING AND PARIS BURLAP FABRIC

Resting, No Make That Nesting
and
Paris Burlap Fabric

So this week I was supposed to rest, at least that is what I told myself.  Well as it turned out I didn't rest but I did something that is therapeutic for me anyway, nesting.......

Remember all that printed burlap fabric I bought?  Well I decided that I wanted to cover my kitchen chairs with it and so my son and I went to work on them.  I have covered my chairs before and it takes me forever but this time my son helped me and it went so fast.  Thank you Chris for helping me and I so enjoyed our time together.  

Look what we did together!!


Here is a close up of the fabric


And here is what they looked like before we covered them.  They were dirty and in need of some TLC. 


This was such a fun project and the results were so rewarding.  It is something that you can do in a day. 

Next I so want to make myself a Paris Burlap Wreath!
Gotta search the Interwebs for a DIY Tutorial on it.

So loving the chairs and needing a few things to tie everything together I decided to do a few little things in our family room.  Our family room and kitchen are open concept, so it is really one very large room and they kind of need to match. 

I had ordered some of the most fabulous hand stamped Paris ribbon from someone on Etsy (I heart Etsy).  I had some vintage crystal lamps from the 50's.  They even have the vintage lamp stickers on them and I don't have the heart to remove them.  So I decided to decorate the lamp shades using my news ribbon. I search through my goodies and I found all these lovely things.


I have two of these lampshades



First I cleaned them up and then I added crochet lace trim and a sweet flower


Then I added sweet little bows and rhinestone button crowns. 


Last, I added tiny white pearls on stick pins and here is the final result complete with vintage crystal lamp. 


Then I made myself a pretty pin board that matches my Paris theme.  


Oh and the crystal lamps were a thrift store find and I paid $2.50 a piece for them.  You never know what treasures you will find in a thrift store.  These days I do not thrift much because I already have way to much stuff and my health but I totally recommend it!!

I am not sure what got into me this week
 but as you can see I was nesting instead of resting. 
 I so love nesting.  

Until next time,
happy nesting!!!

Beverly
Tea Cottage Pretties

1 comment:

  1. Beverly, I believe there is something very therapeutic (sp??) about nesting. It makes us women feel so good!! And your nesting has turned out some wonderful things!! I love your tutorial for the lamp shades. I have two matching lamps that are desperate for something....now I know what to do!!! Your chairs and the bulletin board turned out so cute! That fabric has been a great buy for you! LOVE all you've done!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: