Translate

Sunday, July 8, 2012

MY CHAISE COMES HOME


My Chaise Comes Home


A few years ago I sent my pretty blue and white striped chaise home with my Mother-In-Law and this past week she sent it back to me. The idea was to put it in one of my yard sales and find it a new home. However, a funny thing happened when I saw it again, I remembered how much I loved it. So this started me thinking about how I could use it in our home once again. I asked my husband to help me get it in the house. I thought I would move a few pieces of furniture and put it in our front living room. Well many hours later I had changed our entire room around and added the chaise. It was quite a bit of work but it was so fun. I had not changed our front room around in many years. I am tickled pink with it and I wanted to share a few pictures of how it turned out.


This is my beautiful little chaise and in the background my Dinning Set and China Cabinet! The dinning set was originally brown and I painted it white as well as the china cabinet. 




My Vintage Chest
I found this beautiful chest in one of my favorite little shops and I painted white and reupholstered the top using Rachel Ashwell fabric.  I store all my photos and memorabilia inside. 


My Ikea sofa with pink slipcovers! My coffee table was a $10.00 find and it came with the glass top. I painted it white and added Rachel Ashwell fabric under the glass. On the table is my Shabby Chic floral dome, some Bavarian porcelain and Limoges candle sticks. 


My Living Room Collage

Living room, china cabinet (open) and foyer table. 


The following three photos were taken from up on the stairs.


Don't laugh but I have a really bad hang-up about foot prints on the carpet in this room. 
So wish I had hardwood floors. Maybe one day.....



Stairs with garland and PINK star. 



Sitting on the garland - it's a bird!!!!


Vintage Wall Pocket painted pink




*******Martha Stewart's CraftStudio *******

Also. I recently found out about a very popular Photo app from Martha Stewart called CraftStudio. It is for the iPad which I do not have so I can't try it out but I thought I would provide a link to it. It is FREE for a limited time. Here's the link:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: