Translate

Monday, April 1, 2019

Vintage Stacking Tables Makeover

Vintage Stacking Table Makeover




I recently found this really cool set of vintage stacking tables.  The problem was that the original finish was in bad shape.  These photos don't really show it but the tables were very yellow and there were marks and damages to the finish here and there.  It was difficult to pull the tables apart as well. 



So, I knew I wanted to give them a new life.   

 I started by sanding them and painting them with a food primer. 



For the finish, I choose a DecoArt paint called Vintage.  It is a soft subtle green and oh so pretty.


I gave each table 2 coats of paint and sanded them after each coat. 


Then I added transfers to each table.  The transfers are by Iron Orchid Designs and are intended for flower pots but I thought this set of three transfers would be perfect for my tables. 


And here they are...


I added a wax topcoat to the tables and this makes them slide in and out very easily. 


I think they are super pretty. 





 Great piece of furniture for my Spring decor. 











 Now off to see what else I can find to make beautiful. 

Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties

I was featured on
Make It Pretty Monday 


7 comments:

  1. The tables are beautiful, and very unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually never saw a set of tables like this!! I love how you transformed them!! Great transformation!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Can you believe I tried to walk out of the door and not buy these tables but I had to turn around and get them.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful tables! Here from Make it Pretty Monday! Would love to have you join us at Homestyle Gathering via My Wee Abode. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I will go check it out. I appreciate the invitation.

      Delete
  4. You never cease to amaze me! The tables are Sooo lovely !
    Hugs,
    Pam (sweetcottagedelights) on IG 😉

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: