Translate

Thursday, October 20, 2016

A Tale of a Sofa Table

A Tale of a Sofa Table



Please excuse my photos.  The lighting in this room makes it difficult to take photos during the day. 

I recently read something on the internet about layering in decor and I decided I that I would love to have a shelf behind my sofa.  My sofa is sitting in front of a window, so that meant I really needed a sofa table but I did not want a regular one. I wanted one that was swallow like a shelf.  

My husband's mother had given us some wood so we went into the garage and I told him what I wanted and then it made this for me.  



He made it using fence boards and he fashioned the legs from some 2X4's that we had.  The feet are made from pieces of fence boards.  It is super light and easy to move but it stands up very well due to the feet. I whitewashed it with a mixture of one parts white paint and one part water.  It was super easy to do and I love the subtle hints of white with the wood showing.  

Then we brought it in and I spent some time displaying lots of pretties on my new sofa table.

Winter


Spring and Summer


Photo taken at night



Some of the items I displayed on my new sofa table. 

Vintage teal bottlebrush wreath.


Metal cake stand with glass dome.  Inside a faux cake with pink roses.  


Paper Christmas House, a gift from my daughter from Cracker Barrel.  


Limoges footed tray with delicate pink roses. 


I love how it turned out and it really does add some depth to my living room.  

I want to take a moment to thank my followers, visitors and everyone who comments on my blog post.  I am delighted to be back blogging.  I also want to wish everyone in America a very Happy Thanksgiving.  

So Happy Thanksgiving, 
Beverly


Tea Cottage Pretties

Sharing

http://thediydreamer.com/from-dream-to-reality/share-crafts-239/

http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/10/make-pretty-monday-week-197.html

http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2016/10/share-your-cup-220.html

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a sofa table and I adore your displays. I just bought the same paper house from Cracker Barrel......
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie and thank you so much for visiting! I love that house and I really want to go back and get the other one. They have 2 this year that are pink and white. I love my table. While it isn't a fancy piece of furniture it is rustic looking and perfect. I wanted it to be more like a shelve and I think my hubby hit the nail on the head. Best part we use wood that we had already so it cost us zero dollars. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  2. Beverly, it is the perfect little table for behind your sofa. Love your cute displays! Glad you're back blogging as well. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jann, thank you so much. I am delighted to be back blogging and being creative. I never know where my creativity will take me but it seems right now with my husband's new interest, we are working with simple wood designs. It is loads of fun! I adore my little table and it didn't cost us anything to make. My mother-in=law gave us some wood she had in her garage and I got a table out it. I so enjoyed decorating it and I plan on decking it out for Christmas. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: