Translate

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

MUSINGS - HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Happy Thanksgiving
During this time of the year we should all give thanks for our many blessings. My 6 year old, June Bug asked me the other day what I was thankful for? She said that she was thankful for her Mommy (that would be me) and for Sweetie (my Mother, her Grandmother). Then she went on to tell me that she was thankful for Sweetie because Sweetie had made me and without Sweetie there wouldn't be a me. How sweet of my June Bug and how thoughtful.
So I thought of all the things that I am thankful for and I came up with this. I am thankful to be here and to be with my family. I am thankful for all the people in my life, those here and those who have been. I am thankful for my home, where I feel safe, happy and secure. I am thankful for the health of my family and myself. Lastly, I am thankful for the time that I have to spend with my family.
As I give thanks this year I am cognisant of the economic hardships that face many Americans this year. I know that many people have lost their jobs. Many families have lost their homes and had to walk away. I know that people are hungry and desperate. I pray for all of those who are experiencing hard times. It is my greatest hope that we will be able to mend our damaged economy and put people back to work. I hope and pray that everyone will have a home inwhich to live and feel safe and secure. I pray that every hungry person will have food to eat. I pray that we all can find things to be thankful for this year.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: