Translate

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

A Skirt for My Sink

A Skirt for My Sink

Our laundry room has a very useful sink but it wasn't the prettiest of sinks.  So I decided to make a skirt for it.  


I had some leftover fabric from my laundry basket liner so I decided to use it and make the skirt match.  I used sticky Velcro on the sink and sew on Velcro on the skirt.  When I finished making it I realized it was kind of plain. 






So I added trim on the top and a bow on the front.  I had originally wanted to ruffle the skirt but I didn't have enough fabric so I added two pleats in each corner.  The bow on the front kind of made up for the lack of ruffles.  
  

And, here it is complete. 



  


I am extremely happy with the skirt and I plan to have my husband make a top to cover the sink making it a table.  We just don't use the sink very often and it will do double duty.  


I used grey leaf paint on the walls.  It is a soft green color with a hint of blue.  It is my new favorite color.  

I so enjoy these kinds of projects. 

Till next time. 

Hugs, Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: